Thursday, October 25, 2007

Goodwill to all

My husband probably thought I was crazy bringing home this ugly painting from the Goodwill...but it was only 9 bucks and I knew I could use it to make a magnet board for Lily's room. (remember the felt board in Zach's room...same idea...just for magnets instead!)
...some galvanized steel, paint and glaze (thank you mom) ...they love it!
In fact, Zach keeps asking when I am going to make one for his room!
I liked the color so much...that late one night after painting...I started scheming what else I could "transform"...first my breakfast tray...then maybe dave's nightstand...a few chairs and, AHHHH put down the paintbrush! I called my good friend Amy and told her to please bring over anything she wanted turquoise, so that I didn't paint every accessory I own! The offer still stands! (although the breakfast tray didn't make it!)

10 comments:

Amy said...

I'm totally going to go search my house for something to paint. I love love love it. Awesome job. And I still want to make a magnet board. So cute!!!

Court and Britt said...

how cute!! I love the idea. McKinley is sitting here with me and now wants me to make her one. you are so creative, I would have never though of that. Good will here I come!!

Blake and Yanery said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blake and Yanery said...

Hey Tara! I just love it! Your so creative. I just love seeing your blog. We need to keep in touch. How is everthing going for you? Again I just love it all. Call me sometime.

Tiffany said...

You are so creative! I wish you lived here so you could teach me! SO cute!

*K*R*I*S*T*Y* said...

OK could you tone down the cuteness a little bit Martha???You're crampin' my style! :P Hey I just started this blog thing and have linked you on my page, www.maguirefam.blogspot.com. I'm lovin it so far, it's so fun! Plus it's great for people like you and I who get to "travel" a lot, aka move....

Missy said...

Oh my gosh, Tara, I LOVE that! It looks so good and you've inspired me to do something creative. Really, I love it! What is the magnetic board that you inserted in the frame? Where do you get that?

On a sidenote, where did you get the black and white bedding? I've been looking for something just like that for a guest bed.

kat and jason said...

hey where did you get the color?? i remember talking to you about finding that color and i couldn't find it anywhere. looks awesome.!! as usual you rock

Charla said...

You are sooo creative! WHat a cute idea. I love it!

Tiffany said...

How do you do the black on top of the blue? It looks so cute!